Monday, September 7, 2009

It's (almost) Fall! What's next?

So today is Labor Day, which to many means...tomorrow is the "start" of Fall. Although many "Fall' type things have begun (school, pool closings, dropping temperatures) ... Labor Day weekend is the last "hurrah" for many before we get back into our routines.

So here I am - trying to get back into my "routine". I have already begun a new part of my routine - starting my day off with a morning workout. I now get up at 5am at least 3 days a week to workout before getting ready for work. You may be reading this and thinking I'm crazy. Well, I partially am...I didn't think I would stick with it all that well and I admit that it is difficult sometimes to roll out of bed at 5am and change into my workout clothes...stumble into the great room and push play. But once I get to that point and start the warm up...I feel good! I have noticed I don't push myself as hard as I do when I workout after work - but I definitely sweat up a storm and burn some calories. So there's one step in my new routine.

Another thing I am trying is this new Shakeology drink that Beachbody created - it's my morning breakfast (I drink the chocolate version) and although, I am picky about this sort of stuff...the chocolate is delicious! I am taking the 90 day challenge on this and seeing if I see the results they talk about on their website. (Weight loss, curbs cravings & hunger, more energy among overall wellness) I have already noticed that I have more energy and I can focus a little more right when I get to work and stay focused for awhile....which leads me to my next new part of my routine.

My to-do list. So yes, my 101 things in 1001 is a MAJOR to-do list. But what about my day-to-day to-do list? I was completely ignoring the concept. Then I wonder why I'm not getting more done in my day. Hello! How the heck was I even keeping track? I wasn't! So now I create a to-do list every evening for the next day to help me focus on the major things I need to do the next day. I have been trying it the past few weeks and I've been able to be more efficient at work and at home.

So what's next on the list?

Well, the Apple Festival is coming up, the Fall is a great excuse to visit some wineries, I would love to host a dinner party before the holiday rush, as it gets cooler I will be making more meals in the crock pot (I have plenty of cookbooks w/ new ideas - I'm a cookbookaholic)...time for a little fall cleaning w/ the garage and get on schedule to cleaning the fridge. I am making plans with a photographer friend to do a Trash the Dress session (google it if you're not sure what it is) - I hope to do that in October (and hoping the dress still looks good on me!)

So the Fall has some fun things in store...I am really looking forward to sticking to this new routine and seeing great results from it.

Happy Fall everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment