Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Musings

I typically love to journal/blog in the mornings when it's quiet and I can really focus on my thoughts. I seem to have the most clarity then too. I'm a morning person, what can I say? I also love to write/journal late in the evening - before I go to bed. I tend to have the most clarity then too. That's when I think about the day's events...even the week's events and reflect on how I handled things - or how I reacted (even just on the inside) about various happenings.

The afternoon is not my peak time to reflect for some reason and yet, here I sit blogging about ... well ... who knows what I will type in the minutes to come.

I've had a lot of things on my mind - some things that even kept me up later than usual Sunday night. Some of the things could be related to discouragement. Discouragement from outside factors...and in-the-head factors. I hate that because I feel like I'm psyching myself out and in this case I'm afraid to let the thoughts in my brain form into words because that would make it "real". I am confident in myself so as I try to push the thoughts and words of discouragement away - they are still there. While others are successful, I am trying understand why a certain thing works for them but not for me. I don't get it.

I call the outside factors (or people) bubble busters. I strive to not be a bubble buster (or BB for short) - I'm sure I have done that from time to time. But seriously, what is the reward in that? Some think they are "helping" - ok I'm sure there are (a few) cases like that...but I have a feeling that it's more because it makes you feel like less of a failure if you bursts someone else's bubble. What's with that mindset? Oh right - you're just being realistic - sure. We need those realistic people to bring some of us down to earth; fine - I'll give you that. But you don't *always* have to do that. Have some faith. Live a little. Take a chance and don't say anything or better yet, be supportive! See what happens. Sometimes a little support goes a long way. Think about your words. Think about your tone. A better tone of voice can go a long way. (I should know this one by now!)

Don't be BB, people. I'd much rather uplift people than drag them down. Yes, we can dream big if we want to...how would we succeed at anything if we didn't at least dream a little? Again, I'm fine w/ someone helping me making my big dream into a realistic goal. But keep the dreams you have alive, people. Write them down already!! Make a list of steps toward that goal and work towards it.

Stop being so critical of yourself and/or others and focus on the positive. The negative gets you nowhere, baby! Nowhere! It gets you the yucky stuff - illness, bad moods, grumpy friends...do you seriously want that? I don't. I like my positive friends. Sure, I may vent to them about issues/problems that come up in my life but I feel like I get the best advice from them. They are truly looking out for my best interests...and they support me. Isn't that what a friend is supposed to be like? That is what I hope I am to them.

So anyway, just some things that have been on my mind lately. So stop bursting those bubbles, if you do that. Pretty please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment