My cute lil' crock pot :)
So when I think crock pot - I think Fall & Winter meals, don't you? So I have a feeling I will be making up for lost time on this crock pot/slow cooker challenge during these cooler/cold months! This week I made plans to make a beef stew, which is one of my fave dishes to make...besides my super yummy pot roast! With the cooler weather in mind, I think I may adjust this challenge a bit and make it a bi-weekly challenge during the months of November through March. I have actually bought a couple of slow cooker cookbooks (did I mention I'm a cookbook addict?) and I should really start using them so I can be more creative. Thankfully, I have an adventurous husband and he'll eat whatever I put in front of him. :) God bless him!
So here is this week's slow cooker recipe:
1.5 pounds of stew meat
1lb of baby carrots
2-3 medium potatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 packet of Slow cooker seasoning for beef
2 cups of water
Mix water w/ packet seasoning
Add everything but liquid to the slow cooker.
Pour liquid mixture over the meat and vegetables.
Cook on Slow for 7-8 hours.
Bon appetit! :)
PS: Slow Cooker liners are the BOMB! Such a life saver :)




No comments:
Post a Comment