So Nascar season is back & I figured to achieve goal #17...I would learn more about this fave past time of my hubby's. Years ago, I wouldn't even give Nascar the time of day. I didn't "get" it...but then I met Rob in the Spring of 2003. He had a number 3 sticker on his front window of his '96 Cutlass Cierra and so I knew I had to learn at least a little something about racing since I knew I wanted keep Rob around. :P
Surprisingly enough, after I watched a few races and Rob would tell me which driver was which...I kind of liked it! I liked it enough to go see the Brickyard in August 2007. Here are some snippets of that day:

Rob: Tailgatin' Edition

Beth: Tailgatin' Edition (Can you tell it was a warm day?)

Let's go racing, boys!

Vrooooooooom!

Rob can barely contain himself. :)
Last night, I asked Rob his top 5 places/races he would like to see in his lifetime. He gave me four solid answers...
Daytona
Bristol
Pocono
Watkins-Glen
and the 5th choice was between Charlotte, Michigan, Chicago, Vegas, Talladega & Richmond, VA.
Obviously, I'm up to something when I ask questions like that! :P
So along w/ this goal...I have added/combined this with the "surprise" 4th anniversary trip (#19). Talladega is right around our anniversary date (and we are already taking time off then) and it is near my #35 goal Birmingham, AL so we can visit w/ some of my old friends and I can show Rob around my old stomping grounds. I'm trying to crunch the numbers and keeping my fingers crossed to make it work - I think it would be a fun time for both of us!
My main goals are to get us pit passes, decent tickets, & transportation to & from the race from the hotel.
Wish me luck! I'm hoping if I'm successful at this one; we can make this a fun yearly tradition!
Side note: If we attend this race, this has to mean I also accomplish goal #26, right? #26 - Watch one NASCAR race with Rob without falling asleep. :P
~Beth




Let me know if you ever make it to Bristol! We live in the next town over, and we go every other year or so.
ReplyDeleteAndrea