Sunday, February 28, 2010

Brazil Butt Lift: Review 1

So this weekend, I have been trying out a few of the workouts from Brazil Butt Lift and I have liked what I've tried so far...but there are a few things I want to share that I have learned or noticed in the past few days...

#1: Leandro makes me laugh. He has a good attitude/demeanor on the videos, which is great! I also enjoy his accent...but sometimes you can't understand him 100% and Beachbody must've noticed that too because...

#2: Beachbody has given the option for sub-titles in English & in Spanish during the workouts. I used them during Cardio Axe & I did find it helpful from time to time. :)

#3: Along with the sub-titles, you do get to see exactly what Leandro is saying...and wow, don't be surprised when you hear (and see) him saying to touch/feel yourself, be sexy, etc. I about died...and then attempted to replicate the moves that the women were doing on my screen. Uh, yeah...I am sure that I did not look that sexy whatsoever! I'm sure that'll come in time, right?

#4: And then there's the booty shaking...that's really fun (and funny when you see me do it!) I love to shake it so I was not disappointed by this part whatsoever! ;)

#5:The thing that confused me at first...was how the workouts switched from a "set" to Leandro & 3 other women doing the same workout on a beach in Brazil. The majority of the workout happens on the set w/ Leandro and 6/7 other people (mostly women) and then there are intermittent shots of Leandro and that crew on the beach. Kinda random but hey, it kept my attention. :P

Some basic info about Brazil Butt Lift:

The workouts are under 50 minutes a piece. The ab workout (Tummy Tuck) is the shortest at 20 minutes. The others range from 30 to 35 minutes except for Scuplt - that one is 50 minutes long. Not too shabby!

There are several different ways to do the program based on your bum bum blueprint and what kind of outcome you want after 30 days. It's for those w/ flat butt, pear butt, too big of a butt, & all of the above!

So far I have tried:

Bum Bum - lots of squats & I needed a chair to balance for many of the other moves. It definitely keeps you on your toes!

Cardio Axe - Wow, this 35 minute workout REALLY made me sweat! I wasn't expecting that but I should've known better since this is a Beachbody product! :) I was pretty rusty with all the moves, but it was a good time. Lots of hip & booty shaking! :)

Tummy Tuck - I was really feeling the burn with this ab routine. I think it's a good one to add to the rotation. :)

Let me know if you have other questions for me!

More later!

~Beth

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the twitter add! (MrsMatched)
    I loved your review! I'm still debating the purchase, though. I think it's the cost that's holding me back. I currently do Ellen Barrett's series of Pilates DVDs, and I just bought EA Sports Active to do their 30 day challenge. Once the weather improves (no more snow!), I'm going to pick back up with the Couch to 5K program.

    I am getting good results with the workouts I'm doing, but my butt needs work. You know that pencil test he does on the infomercial? I fail it. Age and 2 very young daughters have done a number on my body, and I want to get everything back to "high and tight" without surgery! That's why the Butt Lift Series really has me tempted. I am thinking about just incorporating it into my current regime.

    I'll be keeping up with your progress! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete