Wednesday, April 14, 2010

10 in 10 Challenge: Day 1 Vlog

Here's my update on Day 1 - how are you doing??



Recipe:
Pork Stir Fry from my friend, Amy - Thanks Amy!

Ingredients:
1 lb pork tenderloin
Various veggies (see #2 below)
1 cup chicken stock (low sodium)
2 TBSP soy sauce (low sodium)
2 TBSP molasses
5 tsp corn starch

1. Cut pork tenderloin into small chunks (about an inch). Try to make
them all around the same size so they cook evenly. Cook the meat in a
skillet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. When its cooked,
put it on a plate and set it aside.

2. Chop your veggies. I use 1 bell pepper, 1 onion, a couple of cups
of bean sprouts and about a cup of broccoli. I think I'm going to
add mushrooms next time. Any veggies you have would probably be good.
(I steam the broccoli for about a minute in the microwave, too. I
like my broccoli softer.) Anyway, chop/slice the veggies and saute
them in a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Saute
them until the doneness that you like. I like mine softer, but still
kinda crispy.

3. While the veggies are cooking, mix together chicken stock, soy
sauce, and molasses. Take out about 1/4 cup of the mixture and put in
a small bowl. Mix in corn starch. Mix it up really good or it'll get
lumpy.

4. Then, put the pork (and any juices) back in the skillet with the
veggies. Add the sauce and bring it to a boil for a couple of
minutes. Add the corn starch sauce mixture and stir it together.
That will make the sauce thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment