Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Four Score and Seven Years Ago ... (ok, maybe not "four score") ;)

Seven years ago - it was May 18th, 2003. I was volunteering at Bump Day at the Indy 500 as a fundraiser for the co-ed service fraternity that I was a member of called Alpha Phi Omega. Rob was volunteering that day, too. After hours of shameless flirting on my side, but Rob seemed to get the picture that I had a "thing" for him. ;)

Us in 2003

After a VERY long day of flipping burgers and cooking hotdogs, Rob and I ended up in the bleachers looking onto the race track pretending to be interested in what they were doing on the track (which was a whole lot of NOTHING since Bump Day was over). To my surprise, he asked me (a VERY rough-looking girl) to go out with him that night. I was estactic - I still remember calling my friend squealing - I figured I can admit this stuff now since it's been 7 years & he put a ring on it. ;)

It was a pretty awkward first date since we were with some of his co-workers that I never met before & we were going to see Matrix 2. Did I mention I fell asleep when I watched the original Matrix? Uh, yeah...so obviously I was diggin' Rob enough to see a movie I would not understand that much. ;)

The second date was MUCH better & totally on our own...& the rest is history!

So seven things about us seven years later....
1. We're married. (4 years on October 28th)
2. We have our furbaby, Rusty the Cat.
3. We own a home.
4. We hate Speidi. (Spencer Pratt + Heidi Montag)
5. We drink almond milk.
6. A hot date is staying awake in front of the tv for more than two hours.
7. We've traveled to 7 states: (Michigan, Kentucky, Georgia, Hawaii, Florida, Tennessee, & Arizona (well, the Phoenix Airport :P )).

So the list is random & all-over the place...but that's how we roll sometimes. ;)


Us in 2010

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 7 years of being together! It is funny how if our today self met ourself of 7 years ago we would be like... you drink what?!?

    Amazing how time flies when you are having fun too!

    You two are an awesome couple and I am glad to have you two as friends. :) So what are you two doing to celebrate your first date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! LOL @ "you drink what?!?!" I totally would be saying that to myself...that and...you workout for FUN? What is wrong with you!? ;)

    We didn't have big plans for the 7 year one...may have to think of something we can do this weekend. I think it's important to take some time & celebrate the little stuff like this. It gives you a change to stop & have some of that always wanted/needed quality time together.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog, girl! :)
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete