Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Twenty-Ten: Change of Plans & Do More

Hey Blog Buddies!

How's 2010 treating you so far? Good? Bad? Indifferent? What have you accomplished so far? Did you start a new workout? Healthy eating plan? Try a new thing? Plan a trip? Clean out your basement?

2010 is off to a great start for me. I like the ring of 2010 - I feel like it's going to be a great year for Rob and I. I'm sure we'll have our rough days, but as always, I hope to come out stronger from them. There is one thing that's different in 2010 so far - my goal focus. I have a bunch of smaller goals that I am working on to lead to the larger goal (s). My attitude of "Do More" is starting to stick in my head. ::fist pumps:: (Side note: Rob & I have been watching a lot of Jersey Shore on MTV - it's a guilty pleasure)

So about this change of plans...I started my challenge to do P90X this week and...I am not loving it. I tried my week's worth of workouts and it just wasn't for me. The set-up totally throws me off and I just really miss my ChaLEAN Extreme (CEX) and Turbo Jam (TJ). I was watching Rob doing CEX yesterday and I was jealous! It was weird! I think P90X is a STAND UP program and Tony is great - he really knows his stuff. It's great for many people and I love hearing about people's great results from it. More power to them!!

But...if it's not broken, why fix it? So I'm going back to my CEX & TJ combo - upping the amount of cardio and going heavier...until the release of Turbo Fire at least. :) I am still going to use the P90X protein bars & the Post-workout drink because...well it's good for you and they are delish. I'll be honest. Of course, I'm still rocking the Shakeology!

So here's my new plan:
5 days of Cardio (TJ & CEX)
3 days of Strength Training (CEX)
2-3 days of ab/core traning (CEX & TJ)
1 day of Yoga (CEX)

One thing I really did like was the meal plan options for P90X and I plan to use them within my everyday eating - I think that will be the most beneficial!

I think it's good re-evaluate your goals often - sometimes you start something and it just doesn't work for you. In the aspect of fitness, I think it's good to find a replacement before you quit altogether. I found my soulmate workouts and I was trying to force myself to try something different and it just felt 100% awkward and not a good fit and that is ok! That's why there are so many programs out there! Beachbody has got the right idea. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment